Trump Will Tell You When He’s Done
From tariffs to ballots, he makes up his own rules.
From tariffs to ballots, he makes up his own rules.
Young researchers are choosing between staying in science and staying in the United States.
‘Threatening to block election integrity legislation’
Fox & Friends co-host Lawrence Jones sat down with Vice President JD Vance on Thursday morning for a lengthy discussion on various topics, and at one point asked him about a migrant that ICE admitted was deported and imprisoned indefinitely in El Salvador as a result of an “administrative error.”
“Can I get you to put your lawyer hat on for a second, because they’re pointing to one of these cases of a gentleman that they said should not have been deported from El Salvador,” Jones began, adding:
They said he was not connected to MS-13. What would you tell them about that case? Because they’re saying that this is a person that was a great member of society. You’ve looked at the court records. You’ve talked to the men and women on the ground. And what can you tell us about that situation?
“Well, there have been a few cases out there where the Democrats and the media say, ‘Oh, this person was just an innocent father of three.’ And then you find out, for example, I think this is the case that you’re talking about. Back in 2019, an immigration judge looked at all the evidence, looked at all the data, and concluded that this allegedly innocent person that we sent to El Salvador was actually a member of an MS-13 gang. He had also committed some traffic violations,” Vance replied.
Vance had claimed earlier in the week as well that the migrant, Kilmar Abrego Garcia, was a “convicted” gang member based on the court filing. Former immigration lawyer Aaron Reichlin-Melnick joined a chorus of voices quickly refuting Vance’s claim, arguing, “Vance is badly wrong here. In 2019, a police informant alleged the guy was in MS-13. He spent a year in ICE detention as a result, then won his case. He’s been out for the last five years, married to a U.S. citizen, has two kids, and STILL has no criminal record at all.”
A judge granted Abrego Garcia “protected status” in the U.S. as his citizenship application was processed, meaning he could not be sent back to El Salvador for fear of retribution. The Trump administration continues to claim he has ties to MS-13.
Vance continued his answer to Jones, saying, “He had not shown up for some court dates. This is not exactly ‘Father of the Year’ here. This is a person that we don’t think should be in our country. Here’s the most important point, though, Lawrence, is whatever the argument is, whatever the justification is, no one doubts, not even the crazy left-wing media, criticized the idea that we could deport this person.”
Vance continued, omitting the fact that Abrego Garcia was not simply deported, but has also been jailed in a notoriously violent gang prison, from which the U.S. cannot get him out:
They just took issue with the reasoning for why we deported this person. This was unquestionably an illegal alien. This was, unquestionably, a person who broke the laws to get into our country, This is unquestionably a person an immigration judge had found had zero right to be in the United States of America.
We do not ask permission from far-left Democrats before we deport illegal immigrants. We do the American people’s business, and again, for the American who are watching, this is such a weird, mistaken placement of priorities. We need to make our country stronger. We need to create jobs. We need to make our streets safer. What is it about Congressional Democrats that get more angry at deporting violent gang members than they do at the victims of those violent gang members? I don’t even understand where they’re coming from. They’ve gone off the deep end, and they’ve got to come back to reality.
Watch the clip above via Fox News.
The post ‘Not Exactly Father of the Year’: JD Vance Cites ‘Traffic Violations’ to Help Justify Wrongly Imprisoning Migrant In El Salvador first appeared on Mediaite .
Georgia House Democrats staged a walkout at the Georgia State Capitol Wednesday, leaving the chamber in protest as lawmakers debated a bill that would end taxpayer-funded sex change surgeries for state prison inmates.
The walkout occurred amidst a heated debate over Senate Bill (SB) 185, which subsequently passed the House by a 100-2 vote, with all Democrats opting out of the vote through their departure, according to Fox Atlanta. The bill received opposition solely from Georgia Democratic Rep. Regina Lewis-Ward and David Sampson. They cast the only two ‘no’ votes while their colleagues walked out in protest. The bill now awaits Republican Gov. Brian Kemp’s signature.
SB 185 prohibits the use of state funds for sex change surgeries, hormone replacement therapies and cosmetic procedures designed to alter sexual characteristics for state inmates in Georgia. Exceptions are allowed for medically necessary treatments unrelated to gender dysphoria, specific congenital conditions, partial androgen insensitivity syndrome and for continuing pre-existing hormone therapies solely for transitional purposes.
Before the walkout, Republican Georgia Rep. Scott Hilton, who introduced the bill on the House floor, said that his constituents oppose using taxpayer money for sex change surgeries for inmates in state custody, saying it provides better health care than what “law-abiding citizens” receive. However, Democratic Georgia Rep. Tanya Miller, who chairs the House Democratic Caucus, criticized Republicans for focusing on this bill when she said that only five state inmates have requested such care. She said debating the issue on the penultimate day of this year’s legislative session overlooks more urgent concerns like education, healthcare and public safety.
“Our constituents sent us here to address serious pressing issues affecting their daily lives,” Miller said. “Yet, instead of addressing real problems, my colleagues in the majority party continue their extreme agenda.”
After the Democrats walked out of the chamber, Republican Rep. Trey Kelley denounced their exit and said that leaving the chamber instead of advocating for fiscal responsibility was disgraceful. Republican House Majority Whip James Burchett said that elections have outcomes and added that Georgia taxpayers deem this issue significant and oppose funding elective surgeries.
Republicans said that the bill allows for exceptions, permitting the Georgia Department of Corrections to cover treatments deemed medically necessary, including for inmates with chromosomal abnormalities that cause ambiguous biological sex. In response, Miller said that the bill is an assault on Georgia’s transgender community.
California provides sex change surgeries for inmates, having spent over $4 million on such procedures since 2017. The state’s Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation has seen a significant increase in requests for these surgeries, with numbers expected to rise further in the coming years.
In contrast, states like Georgia , Idaho and Texas have enacted strict limitations or outright bans on providing sex change surgeries to minors and, in some cases, extended these restrictions to adults, including inmates.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.
As a share of the economy, President Trump’s executive order is likely the largest peacetime tax increase in U.S. history.
Whether he is dropping hit records or stirring controversy, Morgan Wallen is no stranger to the spotlight.
During a recent episode of Theo Von’s “Last Weekend” podcast, the “Whiskey Glasses” crooner, 31, opened up about the downfalls of fame just days after he abruptly walked off the “Saturday Night Live” stage.
“It’s still weird, and there’s parts of [fame] that I don’t like,” he said during the episode, which was released on Wednesday but recorded prior to his “SNL” appearance. “I think anybody who has to deal with that … it’s not ideal.”
MORGAN WALLEN WALKS OFF SNL STAGE, RETURNS TO ‘GOD’S COUNTRY’
“It’s not ideal to go everywhere, and even if you don’t get bothered, you were on edge the whole time because you thought you might,” he continued. “There’s things that you just don’t do. There’s just things you don’t do anymore.”
However, there is one pastime he has found in which he can easily escape notoriety – hunting.
“I can go be with my buddies, I’m in the middle of nowhere. I can be at ease,” he explained. “I can not stress out. You just find ways to supplement it, I think, you know?”
When Von asked if Wallen could frequent bars anymore without being noticed, Wallen – who pleaded guilty to tossing a chair off the sixth floor of the Eric Church-backed bar Chief’s in Nashville, Tennessee, last year – said he finds it “best” to stay away.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
“I mean, if you’re using a bar as a specific example, that’s definitely the best thing for me,” he said. “I ain’t been in a bar since the last time I was in a bar that everybody knows about.”
Morgan – who performed on “SNL” to promote his upcoming album, “I’m the Problem” – caused quite a stir after he walked off the stage before the closing credits.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
After host Mikey Madison thanked the “Last Night” singer for appearing on the show, Wallen walked directly off the stage, as cameras panned out to the cast congratulating each other for another completed episode.
Shortly after leaving Manhattan’s 30 Rockefeller Plaza , Wallen wrote that he was excited to return home.
“Get me to God’s country,” he told his millions of fans on Instagram stories.
Sources told Fox News Digital that nothing was wrong at “SNL,” and Wallen’s walk-off appeared to be an “oops” moment.
“That was the way he entered and exited the studio all week during rehearsal and camera blocking, so he just walked that way after hugging Mikey,” an insider revealed.
Fox News Digital’s Tracy Wright contributed to this report.
The latest escalation and attempts to dismantle the Palestinian leadership are utterly at odds with peace negotiations
Against the pleas and protests of hostage families desperate to secure the release of their loved ones, the Israeli government is moving ahead with the military occupation of the Gaza Strip. On 2 April, the defence minister, Israel Katz, announced plans to seize large areas of Gaza with the aim of eliminating Hamas’s remaining infrastructure and establishing new security zones that will split Gaza in two. This escalation, which began in mid-March with intensified airstrikes, is intended to encourage a mass exodus of the local population, and has led to substantial civilian casualties.
Despite the international outcry over more than 50,000 deaths, 110,000 civilian injuries and significant displacement of Palestinians, the Israeli government rationalises and justifies these moves as necessary for security against an undefeated Hamas. Ultimately, though, Israel’s actions imperil the fragile ceasefire negotiations, its broader credibility and wider hopes for a political process to end the conflict. In reality, this would be the only viable path to stability and security.
Aurelien Mondon , University of Bath
Marine Le Pen, figurehead of France’s Rassemblement National (RN), one of the most established far-right parties in Europe, has been found guilty of embezzling funds from the European parliament.
During her time as an MEP between 2004 and 2017, Le Pen and her team paid party staff with funds that should have gone to European parliamentary aides. The ruling estimates that a total of €2.9 million (£2.4 million) in European parliament funds were involved in the crimes and that Le Pen personally embezzled €474,000 of that total.
She has been sentenced to four years in prison, two of which would be electronic monitoring. She is also unlikely to see the inside of a cell for the other two years as she is appealing her conviction.
More importantly, perhaps, is the fact that she has been banned from holding public office for five years. Crucially, the ban is to start immediately, meaning that even with an appeal, Le Pen is highly unlikely to be able to stand as a candidate in the next presidential election in 2027.
For many in the RN, the court’s decision will be a major blow. The party appears to have lost the candidate they believed was on course for victory in 2027. However, others will no doubt see this as a chance to distance the party further from the Le Pen name, following the death of Marine Le Pen’s father Jean-Marie Le Pen earlier this year.
This process has been in motion for some time. Jordan Bardella took over from Le Pen as president of the party in 2022 and has clearly been waiting and preparing for this eventuality. Allegations were first levelled at Le Pen many years ago and her crimes relate to her time as an MEP between 2004 and 2017. He has been the plan B option throughout her trial.
Bardella led the RN to victory in the 2024 European election in France. He also managed to send a record number of parliamentarians to the National Assembly after French president Emmanuel Macron called a snap election just weeks later.
This was, nevertheless, a somewhat disappointing outcome as many on the far right had started to imagine Bardella as prime minister. Since failing to meet this expectation, his leadership has come under more scrutiny. His reaction to Le Pen’s sidelining will be watched carefully.
Overall, it is good news to see corruption being taken seriously and justice being served. However, Le Pen’s conviction comes after years of embezzlement which has allowed the far right to build its strength. All this has come on the back of a system it has vowed to destroy. As such, it feels like too little too late.
Furthermore, this decision, and the fact that it is tied to the European Union, is likely to feed into typical far-right propaganda on the domestic stage. Le Pen and the party will play the victim, blaming Le Pen’s fate on a wide conspiracy organised by something akin to the deep state operating via Brussels.
The deep levels of distrust in public institutions and mainstream politics are likely to play a role here. Le Pen will aim to paint the decision of an independent court as the political assassination of the “champion of the people”.
She could become a martyr, turning her cause into a revolt against “the system”. Bardella has already said that Le Pen’s conviction amounted to the “execution” of democracy.
Crucially, though, this outcome isn’t inevitable. Whether such a narrative takes hold is a choice that is very much in the hands of mainstream elite actors. Those who have a privileged access to shaping public discourse, such as journalists, politicians and experts will therefore play a key role.
Instead of giving pride of place to Le Pen and the far right in a tempting sensationalising coverage, the mainstream media must turn to serious analysis. This would involve removing the focus from individuals and putting it on the wider issues at hand. That would lessen the potential for a narrative of victimisation to take hold.
Beyond providing an accurate picture of the case itself, good coverage should predominantly focus on politics rather than on the spectacle the RN will inevitably try to construct as a diversion tactic. This would mean engaging seriously with what the RN actually proposes as a model of society: one that is not against the “elite” and for the people, but merely in favour of a different elite taking control at the head of a top-down authoritarian state.
This would then allow voters to understand that the far right is not on their side, but on the side of power, wealth and hierarchies. Those who oppose such a takeover could go some way to fix the damage that has been done with carelessly associating these parties with “populism” .
Finally, good coverage would also mean shifting the agenda away from the far right and its pet issues. Had politicians – left, right and centre – not continuously used the far right as a diversion from their own failures to tackle the many crises their countries face, the far right would not be as powerful as it seems.
As opinion polls show, when people are asked what are their biggest concerns personally, issues core to the far right such as immigration are low . Instead, it is issues that would require radical measures to tackle economic and social insecurity which are prioritised.
The far right offers nothing to address these – only division to make citizens powerless to fight back. Now that Le Pen is out of the picture, it is a good time to shift the agenda back to democracy and hope.
Aurelien Mondon , Senior Lecturer in Politics, University of Bath
This article is republished from The Conversation under a Creative Commons license. Read the original article .
The post Teresa Suarez Marine Le Pen’s victim narrative is already being constructed – but there are ways to stop her criminal conviction benefitting her appeared first on The Moderate Voice .
David Perdue testifies before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in a confirmation hearing to become the United States ambassador to China on Thursday, April 3.
The post Watch Live: Confirmation Hearing for David Perdue to Become Ambassador to China appeared first on Breitbart .